26 March 2013

Joie de Vivre: Calypso St. Barth

Is everyone as sick of this snow and dreary weather as I am??? So much for the first day of spring on March 20-- when we got several inches of snow here in the Northeast! Here's the forecast for today to give you an idea of what every day in recent memory has been like...

Overcast
34°
Overcast
Wind: Calm
Pressure: 29.67 in.
Humidity: 75%
Dew point: 27°
Visibility: 10.0 miles
Overcast. High of 45F. Winds from the NW at 5 to 10 mph.
Partly cloudy in the evening, then overcast. Low of 28F. Winds from the WNW at 5 to 10 mph.



I live in the Land-Where-the-Sun-Never-Shines. But if I lived somewhere even somewhat warm, I'd be stocking up on Calypso St. Barth's new line. 

"From exotic dip dyed caftans to luxurious cashmere cardigans, the brand’s apparel and accessories are designed for women to endlessly mix and match into countless combinations of effortless elegance. "

Donelle Cotton Lace Caftan

To say that I am obsessed with this caftan would be an understatement. The color, the feminine lace, the pom poms at the sleeves. It's perfect! (Sorry, Sailor! I will always love this style! Who can argue with a classic that's good enough for Iris, Talitha Getty and Babe Paley to wear?!)
  



If the sunshine ever peeks through, I'll be ordering this Lulu tunic. The hand block technique is similar to Rickshaw Design, which I wrote about here. I just love the crinkly material that embraces the wrinkles. Easy resort wear.



And this Nettie silk lace-up dress in emerald, the pantone of the year, is just stunning! I've already seen it on a couple of celebrities in the fashion magazines. I've always wanted to try a maxi-dress, but I worry I'm too short to pull it off. 

Nettie Silk Lace Up Dress

So there it is...The wardrobe 'must-haves' for summer...Or if I am lucky enough to take a tropical mini-vaca between now and then. A girl can dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS