07 March 2013

Bring the Action: HIIT Workout

So jealous of all the bloggers out there, like EAS from Let the Tide Wash Your Dreams Ashore and Liz from Sequins and Stripes, who are enjoying a winter wonderland-- or what some clever person dubbed snowquester!




I would love to be out going for a snowshoe hike. We've in fact only done that once or twice this winter, whereas we've been out there trekking in the woods nearly every weekend most other years. 

Anyway, in the absence of a fun outdoor workout, I completed a strength training rep workout this morning. I'd like to be able to tell you that I did indeed do 1000 reps, but...does "almost" count? Here's the list of exercises that I used as a guide from Peanut Butter Fingers . I didn't have any weights at home, so I improvised. 

1000 Rep Workout

So, I didn't quite do a 1000. And I didn't use weights. But I did actually do something, and that's better than nothing. 

Peanut Butter Fingers is one of my "go-to" sources for fitness, but I recently found this rep workout that I'm going to try next. 


I have to credit the Sailor for getting me to consider High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT). After the holidays, he started doing a 15 minute circuit. Let me tell you, I was sore after the first time I tried it! 

"The theory behind HIIT is that short, very intense anaerobic workouts offer different, complementary benefits to lower intensity aerobic workouts like jogging or going for a leisurely bike ride. HIIT is said to improve overall athletic performance, boost metabolism and burn fat."

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS