27 April 2012

Wanderlust

“Travel and change of place impart new vigor to the mind.” 
-Seneca

Buy me a ticket on an aero-plane...

"Once discovered, never forgotten" is the tagline for the all-inclusive Turtle Island Resort in Fiji. Well, Turtle Island, I haven't forgotten!




I first found information about the resort online more than two years ago when I was searching for a place to honeymoon. It's best known for its aqua water and exotic location. But it is also the place where "The Blue Lagoon" starring Brooke Shields was filmed and the place where both Britney Spears and Jessica Simpson honeymooned. (Hmmm, given their track records with romances,  maybe it's not such a bad thing that the Sailor and I didn't make it to Turtle Island for our honeymoon...)





Turtle Island has 14 private bungalows and beach areas, hiking trails, swimming, snorkeling, sea kayaking, fishing, bike riding, horseback riding, island tours and spa services. None of that matters much to me though. I'd prefer to sit sea-side sipping a pina colada and doing nothing!



Up next: I was introduced to Red Horse Mountain Ranch in Idaho this week by a friend who's going on a Girls' Getaway there next year. The ranch also offers Wine Tasting Weeks and hosts family reunions. Sounds like the perfect combination of adventure and relaxation to me-- Activities include horseback riding (of course), shooting clays, kayaking, fly fishing, campfires, reading in the lodge, getting a massage, whatever your heart desires! 

                                     

"Imagine lying in the woods on a far off mountain top: smelling the pine-scented air, listening to the crickets, and catching the final rays of summer on your face overlooking Idaho from a far off peak." Oh, I can! 

This doesn't look like roughin' it in the woods to me! 
                                    
I've never been out West, but I think the scenery would be breathtakingly beautiful...



Where's your next vacation??? 




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS