18 April 2012

Raindrops on roses and Whiskers on kittens...

These are a few of my favorite things ...

Caldrea Herbs of Provence
I loooooove Caldrea scents-- I've been a fan of the citron ginger dish liquid and kitchen counterspray for awhile. And I recently got the Herbs of Provence hand soap and lotion for the bathroom. It's a bit flowery with natural oils from rosemary, thyme and sage, but it's not overly-feminine.



Tar-jay sells the very affordable line for $5.99-$19.99. Not bad for something that feels so luxurious. If you're looking for an online source, Drugstore.com also sells Caldrea products (...unfortunately not Herbs of Provence though) including candles, laundry detergent and all purpose cleaner. AND they offer two day free shipping. 

Mint Cookie Crumble Ice Cream
If you're from Upstate New York, you're familiar with Stewart's Shops. They're simply THE convenience stores here. Based in Saratoga Springs, Stewart's is 2/3 family-owned, 1/3 employee-owned, encouraging great customer service. Although Stewart's started as a dairy business, they've expanded from milk and ice cream to hot coffee, lottery tickets, gas and quick to-go-food, all available 24-7. 


Stewart's is also synonymous with ice cream around here. I'm not the only one who loves it for being  fresh, creamy and delicious-- It consistently wins awards at the World Dairy Expo. 

Stewart's has earned rave reviews for its vanilla flavor, but I think that the Mint Cookie Crumble is most deserving. Mint Chocolate Chip had long been my favorite until the Cookie Crumble touched my taste buds. It's mint ice cream with fudge swirls and Girl Scout Thin Mint cookies. Sooooo delish! Has to be a special treat though, because, unlike the mint chip, there's no such thing as "Light" Mint Cookie Crumble. 

Joss and Main
So many "invite only" websites have popped up recently. From One Kings Lane to the Foundary to OverSky to Gilt Group and JetSetter, there are sites for discounted everything! Joss and Main is one of those sites that I find myself drawn to every day (Sailor- just so you know I don't BUY something every day). I especially love their Curator's Collections, and today the site featured Emily Clarke. Emily's collection has the most incredible textures and patterns-- what an eye for design! 




A few weeks ago, another one of my favorite designers, Erin Gates of Elements of Style, had a Curator's Collection on Joss and Main. Erin actually has heavily influenced my preferred style of decor, which used to be strictly traditional/classic. She does a fabulous job of combining both classic and contemporary elements to create gorgeous rooms.


(Hello again, zebra print rug! swoon)


1 comment:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS