24 February 2017

Hair's to Friday! Tame Your Mane

This time of year, my hair is always so dry-- skin too, thanks to the winter weather.  I'm using some new products on my skin that I'll post about next week, but my hair needs help! While summer's humidity presents its own challenges, the winter means I'm contending with staticky flyaways or combatting hat head.  Time to explore some options for taming the mane...

DryBar
The always fashionable and on-the-go Natalie of Designer Bags and Dirty Diapers blogged about the opening of the new DryBar in Charleston, and I sure wish that we had one here in Upstate NY. What fun to be pampered with a girlfriend and have mimosas on a Saturday morning!  I went to the Dupont Circle  location in DC a couple of years ago and loved the experience.

via
I can remember my first summer job in college working in New York City for a large insurance company. Every Friday, my boss would go get her hair blown out at lunch before jetsetting in the Hamptons for the weekend. Little did I know that getting a blow out could be an affordable luxury at a salon like DryBar! Choose from ten styles- try a new look every week! 


via

Fancy Hair Accessories from Elizabeth Heard

These pretty little tress tamers can save you from any "bad hair day." Barrettes are a sweet throwback to childhood for me...remember the plastic ones? And how about the braided rainbow ribbon barrettes with beads on the ends? That's a retro-no-no trend that I hope we never revist! These clips are 40% off with the code LETSDOTHIS


This agate clip is my favorite and comes in a variety of vibrant colors for a pop as well as neutrals to blend in naturally. Feel good about your purchase too -- 10% of sales of The "You're a gem" style in pink go to Girls, Inc.


What a story about this company's roots! The owner was doing her first Team in Training race and needed to raise money, so she designed and sold these no-slip headbands. A company dedicated to social good from the beginning continues to give back-- Every month, it donates a portion of sales to a different charity. 

In honor of National Peanut Month in March, BIC (Because I Can) Bands will donate to MANA (Mother Administered Nutritive Aid), an organization that makes ready to eat therapeutic peanut paste that helps fight severe acute malnutrition in countries around the globe.  Just go to MANA's site and find out what incredibly inspiring work these folks are doing. 



Bangs
Last but not least, every couple of years, I cut the fringe. At first, I'm usually pleased with the youthful and fresh look. Then inevitably summer comes and the humidity makes them impossible to style or they begin to grow out and drive me insane when I can't keep them out of my face during a workout (maybe the BIC band will be my solution!).

Health magazine (I STILL read paper magazines...when there's time!) just did a piece featuring Ciara, Kerry Washington and Jessica Biel, who have all sported the style recently. Now I'm itching to do the same. These celebs make it look like a no-brainer decision. To cut or not to cut?


She's perfectly coiffed ALL the time! 


Another one of my faves! 
I have serious blonde envy too. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS