15 February 2017

Valentine's & Galentine's Day Celebrations

I was a little behind this year on Valentine's Day since we were out of town last week. The important part is that I (sort of) pulled it together enough to help Sweet P make a homemade Valentine for her daddy, and I cooked her heart shaped pancakes with blueberries and pink M&Ms for breakfast. Not the prettiest picture but she's easy to please-- as long as she has chocolate!




The Sailor and I enjoyed special dinner of sushi for two and champagne (on a Tuesday!), which was just perfect. Then we spent the rest of the evening going through the photo books that he's made of us each year that we've been together. Pretty special day indeed!



After the fact, of course, I saw photos of some pretty awesome Galentine's Day celebrations on instagram too. Wonder where the new-ish holiday originated? Here's the story. I love the idea of entertaining gal pals with champagne, waffles, crafts and cute decorations! It probably goes without saying but connecting with friends is such an essential part of well-being. We all need a tribe, and in a perfect world, I'd be able to get together with more of my besties SO much more often! Scroll for some pretty stuff...






Check out these links for more pretty tips on planning a celebration for friends!

HGTV How to Throw a Galentine's Day Party
Domestikated Galentine's Day Decoration Round Up






No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS