05 May 2014

Wedding Weekend in the Adirondacks

Happy Cinco de Mayo! The Sailor and I went to our favorite Mexican restaurant for a fiesta to celebrate (early) on Saturday night, so it's just another regular Monday around here. But I've done some posts about the history of Cinco de Mayo and the secret recipe for the best margaritas ever in the past.

You guys, I don't know where the time goes! It has taken me over a week to find the time to blog and to get life back to 'normal' after last weekend's wedding activities and traveling for work all last week.


After work last Friday, we headed north to celebrate a wedding on Lake George. We spend a lot of time up there in the summer and usually stay with family, so it was a special treat to stay at the Sagamore Resort.


In recent years, new owners took over the hotel, which also has condos. I've heard a lot of negative comments about some of the changes the new owners made, so I was really pleasantly surprised when the whole experience exceeded my expectations. Everything was spectacular-- from the grounds of the hotel to the food at the restaurants to the service. Despite the rainy, dreary weather, it was a beautiful place to be for a celebration.



I was able to get in a run in the fitness center on Saturday afternoon before the wedding. All of the equipment is brand new, and the center has huge windows overlooking the lake. Not a bad view! I could have zoned out and run all day-- but we had obligations! 

The wedding took place at the Chateau on the Lake, which is just down the road from the Sagamore, tucked away from the "hustle and bustle" of the main street in Bolton. It's by far the most beautiful and has the best food of any restaurant in town. 



                                           
The sun came out just in time for the ceremony-- Or rather, I should say it stopped raining for a few minutes, so the bride and groom were able to say their vows outdoors. 



There really was no sign of sun anywhere, but we snapped a few pics anyway. 




The Sailor looked handsome sporting his new jacket from our shopping excursion on the way to Woodstock, Vermont. No new duds for me. I wore a deep purple satin party dress with  new baubles from Lola Boutique in Saratoga Springs. 




If you're from the Capital Region, check it out! I'm obsessed not only because of the name but also because of the huge selection of trendy accessories and great prices. 




Scarves, jewelry, hats. Hello, dream job! The first time I stopped there, I wished I had the vision and courage to start a little shop just like Lola. 

Annnyway, it was a wonderful weekend filled with family, friends and lots of love in one of my favorite places. Being a 'tourist' for the weekend gave me a a fresh perspective on Lake George and has me counting down the days until summer! 
\

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS