14 May 2014

Mother's Day Celebration and a Sugar Scrub Recipe

The Sailor and I hosted Mother's Day festivities for my extended family at our house this past weekend, and here are a few snaps from the day...







It was gorgeous outside -- sunny with a little breeze-- the kind of weather we've been waiting for all spring!






The highlight of the day was the menu of course. In addition to making some of the same brunch dishes I prepared for my Girls Brunch back in February, the Sailor cooked roast beef and made a delicious horseradish sauce using horseradish, sour cream, worcestershire sauce, lemon and a dash of hot sauce (guess it's the not-so-secret ingredient now!).


As usual, my favorite part of hosting was organizing and decorating. I'm great at taking care of the cutesy stuff, just not-so-great at the cooking! 



I wanted to make little gifts for the "moms," so once again my essential oils came in handy.
Lavender & Sweet Orange Sugar Scrub
1 c sugar in the raw
2 T salt
1/4 c coconut oil
6 drops lavender essential oil
3 drops sweet orange essential oil

Put the coconut oil in a bowl and microwave it for 15-20 seconds. Add the coconut oil to the sugar and salt. Mix the ingredients together, and add the essential oils. Mix again, and scoop into an airtight container. Voila!









No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS