07 July 2014

30 Summer Days: week 4

I'm bummed that the holiday weekend is over, but there's so much good stuff happening over here to catch up on! Last week was my trip to St. John followed by the Sailor's birthday, a 4th of July celebration, a lobster bake and a sunshine filled weekend. But first...here's the 30 Summer Days wrap up!

Week 4

22 – Sunday Pancakes! Do you have a Sunday breakfast routine?
No Sunday breakfast routine for me. As you know if you've been reading this blog for any length of time, breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. I'll go on streaks where I have the same thing three or four days in a row and then mix it up. Some of my faves during the week: avocado toast with an egg and salsa, protein pancakes, and breakfast sandwiches. As a treat on the weekends, sometimes the Sailor will make to-die-for creamy, cheesy scrambled eggs.









23 – Got those sandals out? What’s your favorite pair?
I live in my Jack Rogers during the week, and I'm currently coveting these Lilly inspired Jack Rogers




But the shoe of the season is this pair of Kate Spade Genna sandals in brushed python. I wish I could take credit for being super stylish, but I'm a total copy cat! I fell in love with these sandals when my sister-in-law first wore them-- It sealed the deal for me to get my own pair when she said that they're super comfortable.  



24 – What made you happy today?
Gotta love a fresh mani and pedi! In Cajun Shrimp





25 – Are the flowers blooming? Take a picture of your favorite!




26 – Wehew, it’s hot out there. How are you cooling down?
Travel day for me! I took the ferry from St. Thomas to St. John. Nothing like an ocean breeze to beat the heat. 





27 – Last Friday of the month, what are you up to?
Beach or bust! Hawksnest on St. John, described as "quaint, isolated and breathtaking." 


Via Tripadvisor
My photo doesn't do it justice!

28 – Is today a beach day? Snap a pic and make everyone jealous!
TRUNK BAY- Yes, totally touristy but the soft sand and warm water is well worth dealing with the crowds. It's known as the busiest beach on the island but also the most pristine. Don't miss the underwater snorkel trail!








Week 5
29 – Go out for a picnic! Make sure to take a picture!
So, it's not exactly a "picnic"... Painkillers are the signature drink of the USVI, and the beach bar at Trunk Bay served up some mighty refreshing ones to help beat the heat.  




Painkiller:
2-4 oz. Pussar's rum
4 oz. pineapple juice
1 oz. orange juice
1 oz. cream of coconut 

Add the first four ingredients with ice. Shake, and sprinkle with nutmeg. 

30 – Last day of June, how are you sending it off?
The best way possible! Hanging out in paradise.


Thanks to Tina at Carrots N Cake for hosting the 30 Summer Days Challenge! And a big congratulations on Baby Q!

#30summerdays Week 1

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS