30 April 2013

Foodie Pen Pal Reveal: April

Today's the reveal day for Foodie Pen Pals! It was my first time participating in the box-swap organized by Lindsay of The Lean Green Bean. Easy enough for participants- A LOT of work on Lindsay's part! (Thanks for putting it all together, Lindsay!) I emailed Lindsay and said I wanted in on the goodie exchange. She sent out a list of participants including the names of the person you send a box to and the person who sends you a box. Email likes, dislikes; and pop your box in the mail by the 15th of the month with a handwritten note (my favorite part!).


FPP post Foodie Penpals





I was lucky enough to be paired up with Amy from Amy in Austin, who proved to be a super thoughtful foodie pen pal and an email buddy that gave me all the ins-and-outs of being a true Texan. I've never been to the Lone Star State, but I will be heading to San Antonio this August for a work conference. San Antonio in August--I hope the super size state has super size margaritas to keep me cool?!

Anyway... Amy's blog has an ongoing update of all the biggest go-to events in Austin, as well as healthy recipes, tidbits about being a furry foster mom and lots of sweet stories about her life with her very-soon-to-be husband, Hank. A couple of my favorite posts from Amy's blog are about her trip to Nevis, my dream honeymoon destination that remains on my bucket list. Yeah, that's where Amy got to go for a 'work trip'! Lucky, lucky girl!

Four Seasons Nevis

Last week, all of this yummy stuff arrived for me! Even the Sailor, who doesn't usually pay all that much attention to boxes the UPS man brings (whew!), was eager to see watch me dig through the pink tissue paper and pull out treat after treat from the box. Talk about fun!





  • Organic Sweet Leaf Raspberry Tea- I don't think I'd ever tasted sweet tea before this box arrived, and boy is it refreshing! Duck Dynasty's Uncle Si sure is on to something with that plastic tumbler he drinks all the time. 



  • Perfect Fit White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookie- Packed with protein, who can say no to a cookie?



  • Thunderbird Energetica Almond Cookie Pow-Wow- I usually brace myself before biting into an energy bar. You never really know what the consistency or flavor will be like...I was admittedly a little skeptical of this one- "100% soy free, dairy free, gluten free, no added sugar energy bars." But after the first bite, I soooo WISH these were sold in NY!!!  With apricots, almonds, almond butter, quinoa, coconut and vanilla, this bar was out of this world! I wouldn't hesitate to buy in them in bulk along with the other flavors- Cacoa hemp walnut and Cashew fig carrot. 



  • Amaretto Peach Pecan Jam- Waiting to try this, but it sounds salty and sweet- can't go wrong with those two flavors! 



  • Cheddar Cheese Beanitos- Mmmm, probably my least favorite thing in the box. 



  • Kerbey Lane Cafe Buttermilk Pancake Mix- Perfect to mix with protein for my morning pancakes! 





    I heart Texas and its delicacies!! Thanks, Amy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS