06 December 2012

'Tis the Season

Last night, the Sailor and I started decorating the house for Christmas. It's our first year celebrating the holidays in the new house, so it's that much more fun! In years past, it's looked like I have an abundance of Christmas crap classy Christmas decorations, but now that we're in the house and it's all spread out, I don't have nearly enough. Time for more stuffed snowmen:



And time to add more Snowbabies to the already large collection: 




And, while we're at it, we could use some more snow globes too!


The more Christmas tchotchke, the merrier! I did draw the line at putting out the Hallmark animated jingle plush toys... Murph hated the barking dog.  



So, now that I'm in the spirit, I thought I'd also participate in the 25 Days of Blogging Christmas Challenge. For some reason, I've really been into this goal setting thing like the 2012 Closeout Workout Challenge. Joiner. I've never been one for participating in questionnaires or those email forwards -- in fact, my name is usually next to the question: Who's least likely to send this back?-- But I'll give this a try. 




I'm a few days behind...

1. Favorite Movie: Christmas Vacation

                                                  

Best line ever: "Where do you think you're going? Nobody's leaving. Nobody's walking out on this fun, old-fashioned family Christmas. No, no. We're all in this together. This is a full-blown, four-alarm holiday emergency here. We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny Kaye. And when Santa squeezes his fat white @ss down that chimney tonight, he's gonna find the jolliest bunch of @ssholes this side of the nuthouse". - Clark Griswold 

2. Christmas List: Ohhhh boy! I've been looking at all of the other blogs with gift round-ups, and they're so creative. They must scour the internet for hours looking at clothes, jewelry, home decor. My list...shoes, a mini-cupcake pan, shoes, new workout clothes, shoes and pajamas. Totally boring.  

3. When I stopped believing in Santa: Hmmm, can't remember the exact age. I do recall seeing the price tag accidentally left on a chocolate candy lollipop and then when I saw the UPC symbol on the Barbie convertible...I put two and two together and realized the elves really didn't make everything. From there, the magic of Christmas faded. It's much better to believe!

4. Favorite Christmas Song: Joy to the World

5. Best gift received: For the first Christmas after we were married, the Sailor made me a Snapfish photo album of all our pictures from that year together. 

6. Favorite Tree Ornament: Hard one! Can I defer until we put up the tree???

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS