29 October 2013

Spooky S'mores and More

It's been awhile, but I'm back! We recently had an all-consuming life event here at the homestead. My beloved 13 year old kit-cat, Murphy, escaped last week and hasn't returned.  I've put nearly every free moment and all of my energy into searching for him... without any success.


If he doesn't return home,
it won't be due to my lack of trying!





Thanks to the Sailor and my Mom for the countless hours they spent putting up fliers and helping me try to bring Murph home. I'm also so very grateful to all of our neighbors that have been looking and all of the complete strangers that called just to say they are keeping an eye out. I've been overwhelmed by the kindness people exhibit! 

On to happier thoughts...Last weekend , the Sailor and I went to visit some friends and meet a sweet new little baby. As part of that trip, we went to a corn maze and took a hayride-- something I haven't done in years!


I know that most people are so done with pumpkin spice, but we had the most delicious pumpkin donuts at the farm. They're an indulgence for sure, but I figured that a pumpkin donut is a once-a-year treat. Well, once this year so far...



In the spirit of the season, I also put together some Halloween goodies for later this week. I came across instructions for Spooky S'mores in a Jar on Pinterest not too long ago, and surprise, surprise, I actually followed through with this super-simple project.




Although we didn't get a single trick-or-treater last year, I'm ready just in case some kiddies come to the door this year. Maybe word will get around that we're one of the houses that gives out good candy. Otherwise, the Sailor and I are going to be eating left over s'mores treats for breakfast, lunch and dinner!












No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS