09 October 2013

If these walls could talk...

Wallpaper = No way. Outdated. That's all I thought... until I was introduced to Thibaut Wallpaper. This paper is unlike anything that used to hang everywhere in the house where I grew up. With a range of colors and patterns from historical reproductions to tropical flowers, it has limitless potential.





I gravitate toward animal prints. And bold, bright colors, of course. The Sailor-- not so much. So, if I'm going to use any of this way-better-than-paint, fabulous wall covering anywhere in the house, I am going to have to be ready to compromise. 

The Etosha pattern above is so subtle that perhaps he'd be willing to entertain hanging it somewhere. Even on a tiny part of a wall. I'm thinking that it would look perfect on one wall going up our staircase and then picked up again in the upstairs hallway. The compromise: If I'm allowed to go with the Etosha on the walls, I'll give up on the idea of an animal print runner on the stairs. Sounds fair to me!







Another one of my favorites is Tibaut's Shangri-La Ivana. The combo of coral and turquoise is so fresh and cheerful. And how about the matching fabric headboard and bed frame paired with crisp white linens? Swoon!



Here's another compromise. Rather than entirely papering the walls, we could use it as an accent or frame it. Bonus! Inexpensive artwork. 



While we're compromising, there's another paper that is much more the Sailor's style than the Thibaut designs. Woods, made by Cole & Son, doesn't scream safari and it's not vibrant. But I might be able to convince the Sailor that it belongs in our house. He is an outdoorsman and nature-lover after all.



Here's the room from Hunted Interior where I first spotted the Woods wallpaper. The Hunted Interior's Kristin Jackson is so talented. Check out Kristin's home tour-- She's created such a luxurious and eclectic space for her family!  





I have some time to practice the art of negotiation persuasion on the wall paper. We already have one mini-makeover taking place in the house right now, and I've learned that we should only undertake one project at a time. I lack patience and want it all done (cue Veruca Salt) now, now, now, but I'm hoping that my patience and persuasive efforts will pay off. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS