16 January 2013

Simple.Pure.Delicious

I've never been a huge fan of energy bars. Or cherry. But the new Larabar uber Cherry Cobbler is out of this world! Included in this month's Birchbox, Cherry Cobbler is one of four "sweet and salty" Larabar flavors  that also include Bananas Foster, Apple Turnover and Roasted Nut Roll.




With dried cherries, brown rice, sea salt, cashews, dates, pecans and raisins, the full size Larabar has 190 calories, 12 grams of fat, 4 grams of protein, and 19 grams of carbs. So, it's not exactly my ideal healthy snack...But it's much better for me than the real deal dessert and it's been featured by Runner's World as a smart choice for a post-run re-fuel and by Weight Watcher's magazine as one of the healthier options for quick, convenience store snacks.


Larabar also has four flavor options in their jocolat product line. I'm thinking that the Chocolate Mint might taste like a Girl Scout Thin Mint cookie, and I just might have to try it to find out! The Chocolate Mint is packed with fiber and magnesium and fulfills a 1/2 serving from the fruit group. That means I won't even be breaking my New Year's resolution to "Eat healthier." Yum! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS