25 October 2016

Food, Wanderlust, Design, Fashion, Soul

It's been awhile since I've done a round up of what's caught my attention lately. So what's on my radar this week?

FOOD
Williams and Sonoma Complete Ultimate Thanksgiving Dinner- Although we're not even through Halloween quite yet, I'm already on to the next thing. This is brilliant-- my kind of cooking! The bird and all the fixings delivered right to your front door. Channel your inner Robin Williams from Mrs. Doubtfire, and minimize the prepping mess. Your guests will be none the wiser!



While we're on the topic of food, I cooked up a storm this weekend (shocking, I know!) It was the perfect thing to do while the rain and wind made it tough to do any outside activities, and I was fighting a sinus infection. I made a turkey meatloaf stuffed with spinach and mozzarella-- a super-easy winner that I've made several times in the past. Even the Sailor, who hates ground turkey, will eat this one. I also tried a pulled pork recipe using pork loin instead of butt or shoulder to reduce the calories. The Sailor looked at me like I am crazy-- healthier pulled pork? And I made butternut squash- cauliflower soup that was just meh. I love regular butternut squash soup, but this soup lacked something despite adding a little cayenne for a kick. Maybe I'll try it again with an apple or pear. Any of my foodie friends have suggestions?

WANDERLUST
It's been blustery and dreary here the past few days, and it's just a preview of what's to come in the months ahead. I struggle with the winter weather more and more with each passing year. I'd pack our boxes and head south if the Sailor would agree to move! Since he's not on board with relocating, I hope to at least plan a mid-winter escape somewhere that I can put my toes in the sand and soak in the Vitamin D. A few years ago we went to a wedding on the Emerald Coast or Gulf Coast of Florida. Warm water, sugar white sand -- what more could you ask for in a vacation spot??? Rosemary Beach could be the destination of choice for our fam. It sounds like it's a charming community that's supposedly far from the crowds (YES!)






DESIGN
Home Tour with Paper and Pencil Founders Ben and Gen Sohr- Contemporary meets eclectic
Wouldn't you love to be invited to one of the dinner parties that they so often host? And, gosh, Nashville is such a cool city! I feel like I am seeing it referenced everywhere, and I'd love to go back for a visit.



Oh, and these wishbone chairs. We've needed new kitchen chairs forever, and I just haven't found the right ones yet. These chairs are all the rage, and there are some affordable replicas I've seen online.



FASHION
So this category is a little misleading. Fashionable is not exactly an adjective I'd use to describe myself these days. Full on appearance neglect is happening over here! I thought my effort and interest  would resume once Sweet P got a little older and I had more energy to dedicate to other things...but not so much. Anyway, I need some of this in my life...

Washable cashmere! Double points for being labeled a "jumper" rather than a sweater. That makes it sound well far more fashionable.


These shoes...

   



SOUL
I signed up for the 21 day Oprah & Deepak meditation series, Creating Peace from the Inside Out: The Power of Connection, which will focus on building relationships by strengthening inner peace and loving-kindness. Sounds about perfect with the holiday season coming up, all the things that matter.

"Happiness is not a matter of intensity but of balance, order, rhythm, and harmony."  

— Thomas Merton




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS