27 February 2015

Five for Friday: Decor, Food and Fashion

Did you ever return from a vacation feeling more in need of a vacation than ever before??? Between logistical issues with travel and having one eye on things back on the home front, I just didn't get the ideal down time to mentally check-out and recharge. It was super fabulous to be somewhere that the sun was shining and I didn't have to layer up like this...




The first day back from vacation, I tripled layered Patagonia fleece and down. This weather back home has been unbearable! Please come soon spring!



What's been on my mind since we returned a few days ago?


Marbled Paper So. Good. And it's a DIY! Wouldn't this paper look great framed too? Veronica from My Hands Made It used it in this nook and also used it to cover her coffee table. Brilliant. 








Biscuit Home Bedding in Bloomsbury- Such a romantic, feminine floral pattern. The Sailor and I have been talking about re-decorating our bedroom for ages, but I know that this would just not work in his world! In my world-- bring on spring! Blossoms galore!



Peanut Butter and Jelly SandwichesWe needed easy meatless lunches for days spent on the beach while on vacation, so we packed peanut butter and jelly in our picnic. Nothing fancy and nutrition is questionable, but they were delicious! I'd like to try it with some fresh berries and bananas instead of jam or jelly this summer (...if it ever comes!)

Check out this article for the history of America's staple and some fun facts including:

The average American eats 2500 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches before they graduate from high school. 

Americans eat about 700 million pounds of peanut butter per year. 



Kerry Steele Art Work- I'm always on the look out for new and affordable artists. We don't have nearly enough original art work in our house...The Sailor picked up a new hobby of painting and drawing for a bit earlier this winter. His mom and grandfather were really talented painters, and he seems to have a knack for it too. While we're waiting for a completed original masterpiece to showcase, I stumbled upon Kerry Steele. She has a small gallery on Etsy, and I can picture every one of her pieces in our home.




Old news, but I am still thinking about Jennifer Aniston's Versace dress at the Oscars- Stunning! Agreed, it was not a big risk for her, and I feel like I've seen this look on her before. But the beadwork was simply stunning. 









No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS