21 December 2013

T'was the weekend before Christmas...

Today. I have a love-hate relationship with today. It's the winter solstice, which means there's less daylight today than any other day of the year. But after today, the days start getting longer...So happy for that and so happy for Saturday! It's Soda-Saturday (yes, I'm like a 5 year old!), and I'm baking cookies with Mom today.


“In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.” – Albert Camus

Let's back up though... This past week has just flown by! We finally, FINALLY had our kitchen counter top installed. And I love it! With the exception of curtains and lighting fixtures, the kitchen is done. It's functional, and everything is back where it belongs after the "little" updates that we started waaay back in August (with the help of contractors). Kitchen reveal to come.

via Shelter


With so much to do before Christmas, this was not the week to be sick. But I guess it was my body's way of telling me to slow down and rest. No argument there since this sweet furball kept me company!



She loves the Christmas tree...especially climbing the Christmas tree. No broken ornaments yet though!

In between being sick and trying to get stuff done for the holidays, I failed at working out. One yoga session and a quick run was all I could handle. Highlight of the week: Finding Erin Motz (aka One Bad Yogi) online.  Although I've been calling myself a bad yogi for years, it's confirmed! Bad yogi and proud of it!




I guess, by that definition, I'm free to enjoy one of these fancy cocktails every once in awhile too!




Happy weekend, my friends!




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS