06 November 2013

Design Crush: Diane Bergeron

I've been bitten by the design bug! The Sailor and I did lots of house projects this weekend, and I'm happy to report that the kitchen is finally coming together. We still have a couple of major items to address like, oh, the countertop, and lighting fixtures. But the floors and cabinets are done, and the painting is nearly complete. The big reveal will come soon, but here's a look at the before.



Cabinets minus the doors- we were in the painting prep stage


Floor installation


A work in progress

I might have mentioned it before, but we used the Rustoleum Cabinet Transformations kit in pure white. Review to come later. The Sailor did an exceptional job with the molding, which I think adds so much to the 'transformation'. He also put up crown molding in the dining room when we moved. The molding is a (seemingly) simple detail that really gives the rooms a custom feel. 



While I'm on the topic of design, lately I've been inspired by Diane Bergeron. She describes her design philosophy as "timeless elegance and bold self expression." I am, of course, in love with the "bold self expression," which means she too incorporates pops of bright color in her design. The pink and green with a touch of orange is so fresh!


Lucite furniture doesn't threaten to overpower bold colors and patterns. I'm not a huge fan of the lucite look, but it works. And I confess to having a ghost chair in our study, which just so happens to be pink and green too.


Next investment- bamboo. Well, maybe not the next investment. We do need lighting and countertops in the kitchen before I buy any more decorative accessories.

Back to Diane, whose work has been featured in Vogue Living, Architectural Digest, House and Garden....Did I mention that she was recently selected to be a contributing editor for Domino too???  She's a pretty big deal!
 










Stripes and zebra print in one room- How's that for a little eye candy! Happy Wednesday, my friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS