09 September 2010

Just Write Something, ANYTHING Already

I've been talking about starting this blog all summer long, after being inspired by Summer Is a Verb, The Cupcaketologist, Nesting Place, PVE Designs, Wait in the Van, Fresh Every Day and too many others to list (Abridged list included for The Sailor, who says I spend an "inordinate amount of time online"). I was determined that I too would write something interesting enough to keep readers coming back. But the first three dozen attempts to debut my talent and write my inaugural blog, I faced a blank computer screen, paralyzed by writer's block, and, well, the pressure of writing something interesting enough to keep readers coming back.

The purpose of Serendipity and The Sailor was to chronicle the summer adventures of a newlywed couple enjoying family living at the lake house, freedom of life B.C. (before-children), flexible work schedules (fun-employment for me), and the privilege to have the company of good friends. Now, the sun sets a little earlier each night signaling the end of summer. The tennis matches and sailing races have concluded. Jumping in the lake to cool off from a long-hike in the High Peaks is but a distant memory. Biking to the beach on the first days of our new life together seems forever ago. Our nights of wandering home from the dock, hand-in-hand after dinner are numbered. And, as of this morning, I still faced a blank screen.

So, as summer turns into fall,  Serendipity and The Sailor begin another season together, and so begins my blog. 

Thanks to The Sailor (and thus far, my only reader) for tolerating my blog-addiction of late and encouraging me to create rather than consume!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS