07 November 2013

Country Couture

I'm not big on awards shows. Since I rarely watch t.v. or movies, the Emmys and Academy Awards don't mean much. But last night, the Sailor and I watched the CMAs, and I was definitely entertained by both the music and the fashion.

The best part of the show was when the cast of Duck Dynasty joined hosts Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood for a rendition of Blurred Lines-- complete with Willie's version of twerking.





That brings me to fashion and Korie's dress. These photos don't do it justice though. I thought the layered navy tulle at the bottom was beautiful! 




It was Carrie Underwood's sixth year hosting the show with Brad Paisley, and her style never disappoints! With nearly a dozen wardrobe changes, it was tough to decide which of her ensembles I liked best. The first red-carpet look was a fun sequin mini-dress with a sheer overlay.

 

 
Her side swept long curls with tons of volume at the root make her look so glam.



And later, she showed off her enviable legs in a killer Swarovski encrusted romper with a plunging neckline. Seriously, I don't think any hours of running would ever get me that muscle tone!



All of the entertainment media seemed impressed with Miranda Lambert's slimmer figure and sparkly blue dress...meh.


I thought there were some stunners wearing black, like Sheryl Crow who's also sporting the big hair. 



And Kelli Pickler in her curve revealing LBD with short wavy curls.



 I also loved Kimberly Williams-Paisley's elegant Monique Lhuillier gown.


What were your favorites from the night?



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS