29 July 2014

Take a Hike

The Sailor and I have had a mighty busy summer so far, and I couldn't be happier about it! Three cheers for summer 2014 being waaaay, waaaay better than last summer -- Last year on Labor Day, I honestly wanted to rewind the clock because I felt like I missed out on everything fun. (Okay, a little dramatic, I know.)





We already have enjoyed some great times this summer-- having dinner with friends, golfing at twilight, watching fireworks (several times!), working in the garden, spending lazy afternoons reading on the boat -- and, as the Sailor keeps reminding me, it's not over yet!


Last weekend, we hiked to the lean-to on Fifth Peak on Tongue Mountain. The hike was only about five miles long and took less than three hours. It was a perfect hike for Sunday morning, before heading back home from a weekend at the lake.






No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS