19 December 2013

C is for cookie

Whoops! Missed posting this yesterday. But it's certainly a case of "Better late than never!" Wednesday, December 18 was National Bake Cookies Day!


While I didn't bake any cookies yesterday (or get this post up on time), I'll be baking with my mom on Saturday. It was one of the things that we did together when I was growing up, and it usually ended with me losing interest oh, about half an hour into the "day" of planned baking...and poor mom was left deep in dough with dozens of cookies still to bake. 




But last year, we started a new tradition. Mom came over in the morning, and we spent all day baking. Then, my dad and the Sailor joined us for a mini-Christmas dinner celebration. It was quality family time without the chaos that comes with the extended family, gift exchange and dinner on December 25.

Here's a sampling of what will be in our cookie jar...




Magic Cookie Bars



Sweet and Saltines via Food Network (aka Christmas Bark)






Mirror Lake Inn Chocolate Chip Cookies via Adirondack Family Time










What are your favorite Christmas cookies?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS