14 June 2013

Friday's Five: Lilly Love, Eats and Treats, Fun Runs and Yoga Buddies

Let's kickoff the weekend with happy thoughts! Here are five things I am loving these days...
 
Lilly Pulitzer's boho dresses as modeled by Mary at Happily Grey



LIL51 LILLY PULITZER




I'm back on the Yogurt Bowl/ Berry Bowl kick this summer



This sweet treat combines everything good in life! I think I have the recipe down-- Plain greek yogurt, Jordan's 0 calorie English Toffee Syrup, 1 tablespoon of oatmeal, strawberries, 1/2 tablespoon of chocolate chips and a little bit of peanut butter. Heaven!

Being able to do fun runs

Freedom! I am so happy that I'm not 'training' for anything anymore. Love just getting out there and going as long or short of a distance as I want! Ever since I marked another 13.1 as "Done," running has been fun again!

Practicing Yoga (with a buddy!)

The Sailor accompanied me to his first hot yoga class this week. He enjoyed it and said he'd be willing to go again! I'm a total klutz, which makes me a less than stellar yogi. I thought I'd be really self-conscious about being so uncoordinated and inflexible with him there. But I tuned right into my own practice once we we started class.

Barefoot Studio


Trying New Recipes
 Like most people, we have our go-to recipes that we cycle through and eat on a regular basis. Grilled chicken, fajitas, turkey burgers, chicken sausage, flank steak and pork tenderloin or pork chops are meals that are regularly served in Casa de Serendipity and the Sailor. I made a New Year's resolution to try a new recipe each week, and although that's largely been a failure, I have managed to try one new recipe each month. This month, it was lettuce wraps with ground turkey and broccoli slaw on the side. Recipe is forthcoming!

Have a great weekend!






No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS