07 April 2013

Rock On

In honor of the Rolling Stones recent announcement of their 50 and Counting tour, today's post is a tribute to my favorite Rock N Roller, Keith Richards. It's been awhile since I wrote my last Ode to Keith-- more than two ago when his autobiography came out in fact.

Tickets for the  50 and Counting shows go on sale tomorrow, April 8 at 10 AM. I'm pretty disappointed that they're not coming to New York, but I'm crossing my fingers that they will add dates and venues. The schedule looks like there's plenty of room for more performances.

Rolling Stones Live

Back to Keith... He has to be pretty awesome to have scored such a stunning, super-model wife. I hope I look like Patti Hansen when I'm pushing 60! Legend says that she was the one who saved him from self-destruction in the '70's and '80's.




Cool is a word that comes up often in descriptions of Hansen. "Patti is the ultimate cool girl," Michael Kors says. "She is rock 'n' roll royalty but also incredibly down-to-earth and has one of the most genuine souls out there." Donna Karan, who has worked with Hansen since the late '80s, is equally enthusiastic: "She's been the same girl since I've known her. She's cool, she's hot, she's a mother, she's a caring and giving person. They're a deep, deep family." 

Read more: Patti Hansen Interview – Patti Hansen Quotes on Keith Richards - Harper's BAZAAR


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS