27 July 2012

Livin' La Bella Vita

Is it too early to be counting down the minutes until the weekend?



Last weekend, the Sailor and I spent time passing perfect summer days perfectly. We went out on the boat for cocktails with friends.
I thought the headscarf was Jackie-O style.
The Sailor informed me it is more like Pirates of the Caribbean.
    




I spent hours tanning on the dock and catching up on months of back issues of my favorite magazines-- Vanity Fair and Town & Country. I do somehow manage to keep up with the weekly gossip rags, but the content rich publications require a bigger time commitment.


We checked out the newly renovated Sagamore Hotel and had dinner at La Bella Vita on the balcony overlooking the lake and mountains. I never get tired of those views. (I'll spare you the details of the meal-- I'm usually totally boring and order a variation of the same salad and entree. Beet salad. Grilled salmon.)


The Sagamore first opened in 1883
and is on the National Register of Historic Places.
Much to my disappointment, we didn't play any tennis last weekend as I'd hoped. The Sailor instead played a very competitive game of "pickleball" with his friends. If you're like me, you're wondering WHAT IS PICKLEBALL??? Despite asking the question many times, I still didn't have a clear answer. So I went to the USA Pickleball Association website...

"Pickleball is a fun game that is played on a badminton court with the net lowered to 34 inches at the center. It is played with a perforated plastic baseball (similar to a whiffle ball) and wood or composite paddles. It is easy for beginners to learn..."

The game was named after a family cocker spaniel of one of the inventors of pickleball who used to chase stray balls and then hide in the bushes.

There you have it. Fun fact for the day. Have a great weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS