15 February 2011

What a Man

I was especially excited for Valentine's Day to roll around this year, since it was our first one as a married couple. And the Sailor did not disappoint!

I should preface this though by saying that he truly does spoil me every day, by doing the every day things that women usually complain that their husbands don't do- he grocery shops and cooks. He throws his socks in the laundry basket, not on the floor. He takes out the trash and does other "boy chores" around the house. Most importantly, however, he makes me laugh, dries my tears and does thoughtful little things every day to make life easier for me.

But for Valentine's Day, he really outdid himself (i.e. set the bar pre-tty high for next year). Our celebration started with a very fancy home cooked meal of canard a l'orange on Saturday night .



And steak and shrimp, with Moonstruck chocolates for dessert last night.
 

Pink champagne truffle.






Chocolates... red roses and stargazer lillies... and the most beautiful card. As all women (and some smart men) know, the card is critical.




On top of the usual Valentine's Day presents, I also got these...


Now, does he know my taste or what??? Aren't they fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS