11 January 2014

Breakfast Bliss

Guys, I finally nailed it! After some experimenting, I have the perfect recipe for the easiest 5-minute protein pancakes.  Very healthy - No flour. No sugar. No milk/dairy. No oil. But they're pure deliciousness.


image courtesy of Sips and Spoonfuls


These recipes make 1 large pancake. You can substitute the egg for two egg whites, but I think the nutritional value of the fat and protein in the yolk are what helps keep me full until lunchtime. Plus, I like my pancakes thick and fluffy rather than thin, and the extra egg white can make them a little runny.

When I say that these are easy, I mean they're really easy. Heat up a griddle pan. Add all the ingredients in a bowl, stir until everything is well mixed. Cook for one-two minutes each side until they're golden brown and voila! Comfort food in an instant on these cold snowy mornings!

Pumpkin Protein Pancake
1/3 c. canned pumpkin
1 egg
1 scoop EAS whey protein powder
1 t. cinnamon
1 t. vanilla


image courtesy of $5 Dinners


Banana Blueberry Pancake
1/2 banana
1 egg
1 scoop EAS whey protein powder
1 t. vanilla
1/2 c. blueberries

image courtesy of All Recipes

Here's to a great start to Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS