30 July 2013

It's all good

Okay, so for any of you readers that live in hip, happening areas, this isn't going to be a big deal. But for the rest of us here in Smallbany, whoo-hoo! A new business just opened up, and we are SO in need of something like this place! All Good Things is a smoothie/juice bar, yoga studio and spa, and they also sell skincare products, fair-trade jewelry and all kinds of ... well, good things!



" All Good Things is a wellness facility that's main focus is to live a lifestyle of healthy eating, chemical free products, and improvement of the body and mind."


Last week, I had a couple of hours to kill in between some appointments, so I figured I could a) go shopping or b) go the gym. I did the right thing and hit up Planet Fitness. As my reward after my workout, I stopped in All Good Things for some fresh juice.




Truth be told, I don't drink a lot of juice. And I certainly am not one of those people that thinks a smoothie or a glass of juice is a meal replacement. Protein shakes for breakfast just don't satisfy me-- regardless of the fruit, veggies, vitamins or whatever superfood I add. I need something substantial for a meal. But a glass of fresh juice sounded really refreshing after a workout and left me feeling more replenished than I expected.



All Good Things has a dozen or so blends on their menu including Beet It (beet, papaya and ginger), Simply Orange (OJ, carrot, apple and ginger), Lemon Pucker and Sweet and Sour. Of course, you can create your own too. As a newbie to the juice bar, I asked for a recommendation and ended up with the Thai Green (spinach, romaine, pineapple, ginger and lime).

First sip shocker- the juice was room temp not cold. While I didn't love (or even like) the Thai Green at first gulp, I was determined to finish it at $6.50 a glass. As my cup was half-full, it was starting to taste a little better, and in fact, I was beginning to think that the juice wasn't too bad. By the time I got to the bottom of the cup, I was craving more!

I'm not rushing out to buy a high-end, overpriced juicer yet, but I will be stopping back at All Good Things for fresh juice again. Next time, I'm getting a spa treatment as part of my post-workout reward too!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS