20 December 2012

Send Snowflakes


Oh my, I am waaaay behind on the Christmas Challenge! And I have to go back to #6 and #8, which I skipped in previous posts.


6. Favorite tree ornament? I have two!


Pink and green-- our wedding colors! 


Murph

8. Post a picture of Christmas decor

Terrible color and quality, but here's our tree!

And now on to catching up on answers! Can you see why I am the least likely person to respond to those email questionnaires that everyone forwards???

12. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Gift bags

13. Favorite Christmas book? T'was the Night Before Christmas

14. Real or Fake Tree? Real!!!

15. Best gift I've given? One year, I made my Gram a quilt.

16. Hardest person to buy for? My mother-in-law. She has everything. Actually she has two of everything!

17. Picture of an old Christmas card?


18. When do you open gifts? Usually we open gifts with my parents before Christmas, and the Sailor and I open gifts at the lake on Christmas morning.

19. Favorite stocking stuffer? Mint chocolates. Santa always used to leave Andes mints in my stocking when I was growing up. I'm hoping he leaves me the new mint chocolate M&Ms this year!


20. Favorite Christmas meal? I've always wanted to have a Christmas goose...I just like the idea of it. Very Dickensian. Buuuut we always have turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, etc. etc. Think Thanksgiving food all over again.



I suppose that we could count this past weekend's festivities as a favorite Christmas meal though. My parents came over on Saturday to have dinner and see our decorations. The Sailor cooked steak, brussels (my fave) and sweet potatoes. I was in charge of the rolls. Just the rolls... And I was so busy entertaining that I forgot to put them in the oven. Oh well.

So many of us have been saddened by the tragedy in Newtown that it seems really insensitive to not mention it. I read a tweet that summed it up perfectly for me, "I've never shed so many tears for people I don't know."

There are plenty of those "What is this world coming to?" posts out there, but there are productive ways to channel those feelings instead. Do something good to help. The Connecticut PTA is collecting snowflakes to help create a winter wonderland in the new elementary school for Sandy Hook students. So grab a sheet of paper and some scissors, fold and cut away! By January 12, 2013, mail your snowflakes to:

Connecticut PTSA
60 Connolly Parkway, Building 12, Suite 103
Hamden, CT  06514



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS