12 June 2012

Splurge or Steal: Stand or Sit

The bad news is that, despite my best efforts, I sometimes have literally nothing to do at work. I've created all of the projects I possibly can do, and the fact of the matter is, the business I'm in is cyclical. There are times where I am indeed super-busy, but there's also plenty of time when it's just not-very-busy.

The good news, on the other hand, is that I've always wanted a job where I got paid to do what I love. And, well, that's the case now. Although it's not in my real job description, I have ample time and flexibility to shop online. And the ability to shop for deals has saved quite a bit of money in the decorating department!



Here are a couple of Looks for Less that will make their debut in our new home...someday...soon...I hope.

Pottery Barn's Napa Chair (sale $139) and Alessandra slipcover ($49)


Target Avington Two Pack in Blue Paisley (sale $139-- for TWO!)



Dash and Albert pink leopard hook rug ($159 for 3'x5')


Yes, please! I'll take the cute pup too!


Ebay Furnish My Place ($49.99 for 3'x5'- new with tags, free shipping and no tax!)


In the interest of full disclosure, the pink leopard rug hasn't arrived yet, so I can't confirm that the quality is anything like Dash and Albert. 

So, while I'm spilling the beans on all the bargains, I might as well show the best I've found so far...

Kartell Victoria Ghost Chair ($330)



Ikea Tobias Chair ($80)


I agree that they're not quite the same style, and I do prefer the Victoria. But, really-- I just can't see paying $330 for a plastic chair?! The Ikea Tobias, designed by Carl Ojerstam, came out in 2007 and has consistently been a best-seller for Ikea after being featured on sites like decorpad and apartment therapy. It was sold out both online and in stores for quite some time, but I finally scored myself one! 

Happy shopping! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS