14 October 2011

Pumpkin Spice Love

One of my favorite indulgences in the fall are Starbuck's Pumpkin Spice Chai Lattes, so I was super excited to stumble across a recipe to make-your-own on RecipeGirl. To date, I've restrained myself and only ordered three Pumpkin Spice Chais this season. But I fear my consumption is going to dramatically increase now that I know they're so easy to make!





Of course, I didn't follow the recipe exactly. The biggest difference is that Recipe Girl used coffee, and I used Chai. And she used half and half, and I didn't.  Okay, so maybe I just used the recipe I found as a guide. Here's what I whipped up for my Pumpkin Spice Chai Latte.

1/4 c. milk
1 Tbsp. canned pumpkin puree
1 tsp. pumpkin spice
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. Twinings Chai

Brew your chai in a coffee mug. Combine the milk, pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice and vanilla, and whisk all of the ingredients together. Add the whisked mixture to your cup of chai and voila! Add whip cream and nutmeg. (That last part was too much of a hassle on a work day, but I just might try it Saturday morning).

My favorite part of the recipe on Recipe Girl's blog- Well, there are in fact two favorites- One was the recipe for making your own pumpkin spice, which I did when I made my fancy coffee drink. Combine 1/4 teaspoon of All Spice, Cinnamon, Nutmeg and Ground Cloves. Add pinches of each spice to get it to the perfect flavor for you. 

My other "favorite" part is her giveaway: 



To enter to win this collection of coffees, visit her site and leave a comment telling how you like your coffee… or favorite coffee drink. This giveaway is open to anyone who has a USA mailing address. Three winners will be chosen via random.org on Sunday, October 16th and will be contacted via email. Each winner will receive 12 ounce packages of Starbucks Breakfast Blend, House Blend, Italian Roast and French Roast, as well as two new VIA Ready Brew flavors in Breakfast and House Blend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS