29 April 2011

Insane Fitness

I'll bet that it's a surprise I'm not blogging about the Royal Wedding today, like every other blogger out there. Never fear, I watched it and I won't be able to resist commentary for too long. I'm just waiting for all of the good pictures to become available before I give my two cents. In short, though -- What a spectacular fairytale!

Moving on...I'm not usually one to fall for "As Seen on TV" junk products (well, except the Kangaroo Keeper handbag organizer and Style Snaps). But I saw the infomercial for Shaun T's Insanity Total Body Conditioning, and I am obsessed with it. Here's the rotation of DVDs:
 1: Dig Deeper & Fit Test
 2: Plyometric Cardio Circuit
 3: Cardio Power & Resistance
 4: Cardio Recovery & Max Recovery
 5: Pure Cardio & Abs
 6: Cardio Abs
 7: Core Cardio & Balance
 8: Max Interval Circuit
 9: Max Interval Plyo
 10: Max Cardio Conditioning & Abs


Looks pretty intense, and that's what all of the reviews say too. It's not one of those workouts that claims ten minutes a day will get you results. All of the DVDs are between 30-80 minutes long, expcept Cardio Abs, which is only 20 minutes -- of pure hell,  I'm sure.


How does it compare to P90x? Rather than building muscle to burn fat, through weight training, Insanity uses your own body resistance to increase cardio fitness.

"Insanity’s high-intensity activity is likely to have you working out at over 85% of your maximum, instead of the lower rate recommended in other programs. As a result, you’ll experience faster increases in fitness and more efficient burning of carbohydrates and fat—as much as 1,000 calories per hour," claims Suzanne Trotter, an independent fitness trainer.  

Sounds like just the thing for me to try after overindulging on Easter candy all week!




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS