30 December 2014

Ring out the old, Ring in the new

NYE is coming fast upon us, and the Sailor and I don't have any plans! Well, that's not entirely true. We're spending a quiet night in-- That's more than okay in my book. We'll have a some apps followed by an elegant meal of canard a l'orange, which the Sailor first learned how to make here.


Our plan is being finalized at the last minute, but there's still time to decorate and celebrate! I scored a black jumpsuit (overnight delivery!) that I'll pair with my gold heels and some fun chunky jewelry.


NYE



And I rounded up some quick and easy festive decorations that I'll put out using things I already have around the house.

This simple centerpiece just calls for  a cake stand, champagne flutes and some sparkly ornaments.




There are a bunch of tutorials on how to make sparkly champagne bottles, but rather than the glue and glitter method, I'm going to give it a try with a bottle of gold spray paint. 



This table display is a little over-the-top for a dinner table at home, but I might try to string some white lights in our dining room. Fortunately, I haven't packed away all the Christmas decorations yet!


I'll also be digging out the tissue paper from the gift wrapping station. The metallics in the multi-colored packs will come in handy for making this pennant.


Thank goodness for free printables! Pop them in some existing frames and voila!



And I might add these cute printable clocks to the place settings for dinner too...


And finally, I'd love to add this star garland crown from Brit.Co. to my ensemble. I doubt I can find something similar this late in the game, but there's always next year!


Let the countdown to 2015 begin! 10, 9, 8, 7 .....HAPPY NEW YEAR!






No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS