04 January 2013

Good Eats, Good Livin', Good News

Howdy and Happy 2013! There's been a lot going on in these parts, so I took a much needed break from the blog, twitter, pinterest and facebook. I removed myself for two whole weeks. And it felt good.  I was busy but more than anything needed some time away to think, be with friends and family and redirect...More on that later!


Despite the lack of online distractions, I didn't get done nearly as much as I'd hoped, and there are still a million and one things on my "To Do" list!





But, before tackling the rest of the "To Do" list, here are a few things to catch up on first...

GOOD EATS: Overnight Oats in a Jar

I've been reading a lot about Overnight Oats in a Jar on a few of the health and fitness blogs I follow, and I finally tried making them! Here's the modified recipe recently posted on She Rocks Fitness NJ:

1/4 c Almond milk (vanilla flavored)
1/3 Chiobani black cherry yogurt
1/4 c Quick Oats
1 T Peanut butter
1/2 T Red raspberry preserves
1/2 c Blueberries
Dash of cinnamon

Put all of the ingredients in a mason jar, shake and refrigerate overnight. So fast (perfect for someone without patience) and easy (perfect for someone who's less-than-capable in the kitchen). And - YUM! They didn't disappoint!

via She Rocks Fitness NJ

GOOD LIVIN': 2013 Resolutions
The Sailor and I always put together a list of resolutions...ten of them...Actually, it's quite an ambitious list and turns out to be more like 20 goals for the new year. We evaluate how we did on the past year and write down on paper what's in store for the coming year for these ten areas:  (1) Personal; (2) Family; (3) Friendship; (4) Community; (5) Career; (6) Spiritual; (7) Health; (8) Recreation; (9) Financial; and (10) Household.

I got a check plus on some from last year, like running a half marathon.


And others will go back on the list to work on this year, like developing patience. In fact, that may be on there from now until the end of time...)



GOOD NEWS: New Job!
You may recall that I wrote a post entitled "Purpose and Passion: The Why of It All" a couple of months ago. At that time, I knew that I needed to make a change in my professional life. I hadn't quite figured out what that change would be...But once I committed myself to making a change, the universe presented me with the perfect opportunity. Starting the new gig on Monday!

I get an "F" for the 25 Days of Blogging Christmas Challenge... But at least I followed through even if it's a little late! Here it is, all finished... 




22. Eggnog or Hot Chocolate? Most of the time I drink hot chocolate, but I did have an eggnog delight this Christmas and it was goo-ood. Something special! I've been drinking lots of Starbucks Skinny Peppermint Mochas this winter too. Can't get enough of those- The Sailor even went out to get one for me  and braved the craziness of last minute shopping traffic on Christmas Eve Day. That's love! 

23. Plans for Christmas 2012. We went to visit the Sailor's family at lake on Saturday, Dec. 22 (seems like FOREVER ago!), and we got to spend some time with our nephews and new niece.

Makes my heart melt!


We exchanged presents with the Sailor's family. Then, we spent Christmas morning opening presents in our new home and Christmas afternoon with my family.

I needed something to wear while the Sailor dons
his Santa hat during the holiday season.




24. Favorite Christmas Eve tradition? Growing up, my parents always let me open one present on Christmas Eve. They picked the present I was allowed to open when I still believed in Santa. Then, as I got older, I was able to pick the gift I wanted to open first-- But it could never be the big gift. That had to wait until Christmas morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS